Top Northern Youth Leaders, have met in Kaduna over the worrisome state of insecurity in the country, and have come up with an ultimatum mandating President Buhari to act as his office empowers him, or step down.
Their resolution reads as follows:
Meeting of Top Northern Youth Leaders in Zaria, Kaduna state
30th November, 2020
After our well attended meeting which lasted for 7hours (11pm yesterday to 6am today) with 64 leaders of various ethnic youth groups in the 19 states of Northern Nigeria, we have resolved as follows:
- That we are highly disappointed in the leadership of President Muhammadu Buhari for not being able to Protect lives and Properties of Nigerians.
- That we have lost confidence in the service chiefs whose retirement has clearly shown in their nonchalant attitude towards the fight against terrorism and Banditry.
- That we have lost confidence in our Federal and state lawmakers especially the President of the Senate; Ahmed Lawan for not being able to defend our course as a people. They are more interested in what they will pad in the 2021 budget instead of finding a lasting solution to the insecurity issues in the North.
- We have categorically X-rayed the situation we have found ourselves in Nigeria, having terrorists and bandits ceaselessly slaughtering our parents, brothers, sisters and relatives on weekly intervals in no longer bearable. As such, we have resolved to defend ourselves by any possible means.
- We henceforth no longer acknowledge the presence of security agents in our region therefore, we will go ahead to invite our allies in struggle from southern Nigeria, Republic of Chad, Niger and Ivory Coast to come aide us in our next line of action against terrorism.
- We urge all Northern Youth Groups to within 48 hours set up their Forest Rangers which will have two units; the Strike Squad and intelligence Squad as collectively agreed here today.
- While we mourn the death of our loved ones, we are not even sure of living for the next 5mins but nevertheless, we rather make the onerous sacrifice for our Parents and siblings to live.
- We will be holding a Mass Demonstration (date to be communicated to all LGA coordinators in the 19 Northern states) to express our plight.
- Henceforth, apart from the Governors and their deputies, we don’t want to see any political office holder use sirens or police orderly or civil defence personnel in any part of the Northern states.
- Shame on the Chief of Army staff, the Inspector General of Police, the Comptroller of Customs, the Chief of Air staff, The minister of Defence, the National Security adviser who are all from the North, yet can not guarantee the security of their people. Instead they are more interested in the game of sabotaging each other for acquisition of wealth which they will all leave behind in less than 30yrs time.
- We call on all well meaning Nigerians to support us in this move to save Nigeria by calling on President Muhammadu Buhari to within 7days act like Commander in Chief of the Armed forces of the Federal republic of Nigeria or Resign.
God bless Nigeria!
Northern Youths Leaders Forum (NYLF)