The Rochas Okorocha backed, State Chairman of the All Progressives Congress APC, in Imo State, Daniel Nwafor, has cleared the air by informing the general public, that he still remains the authentic Chairman of APC in Imo State alongside his Executives from the State down to the Ward level.
He made this known while addressing a press conference in Owerri, the State capital.
Throwing more lights, Nwafor stated that the recent dissolution of the Party Structures Nationwide, has no effect in Imo State as there is a valid Court Judgement obtained from competent Court which is known to the Party and INEC as well.
In a statement released to the media from the State Secretariat of APC , Imo State, the resolutions taken were as follows;
Having studied the recent political developement in APC , Nationwide , it is very important that things are cleared for proper information and direction .
Sequel to the above, we resolve that;
1. That Hon. Daniel Nwafor led State Executives still remains the legitimate Executives of the Party as any caretaker formation is null and void .
2. That the announced dissolution of APC Party structures accross the Nation has no effect in Imo State .This is because the matter is in Supreme Court ,taken by APC National Body after being defeated at the Appeal Court . You cannot aprobate and reprobate .
3. That we call on the Governor Mai Mala Buni led National Caretaker committee to lead by example and obey the Court of Appeal Judgement which reaffirmed us as the legitimate Executives of the Party in Imo State .
4. That we are not ready to abandon out mandate given to us by party Faithfuls unless the supreme Court rules otherwise .
5. That we urge all members of our Party and supporters to continue to be law abiding and continue to function in their various capacities .
Adding, the State Chairman used the opportunity to call on the National Leadership of the Party to pay attention in eradicating the political tensions and misnomer in Imo State APC as that will be to the best interest of the party both in southeast and the nation at large .
He wondered why people are hell bent in destroying a progressive party that has carved a niche for herself in polity.
The Dan Nwafor faction, which is backed by the former Govenror Rochas Okorocha, have been at war with the Marcon Nlemigbo faction backed by Senator Hope Uzodinma.
Two Court rulings have so far maintained, that Nwafor is the authentic Chairman of the party.
The Nlemigbo faction, are cashing in on the dissolution of party structures across the nation, to take over the party.