RE: EASTERN PALM UNIVERSITY OGBOKO RECOVERED BY IMO STATE GOVERNMENT
By Darlington Ibekwe
11th February, 2020.
Earlier today, the Imo State Government through it’s information commissioner made declarations that Eastern Palm University, Ogboko which is a Public Private Partnership (PPP) has been recovered and is fully under the control of state government now.
It may interest the general public to know that;
- Eastern Palm University is a Public Private Partnership (PPP)
- Eastern Palm University does not belong to the Imo State Government
- Eastern Palm University till date still remains as it is and in full academic session
- A faction of the Orluzurume Youths sponsored by the government went to court seeking the University be recovered but they lost in a shameful manner because EPU followed due process
- A case is currently in court regards this matter and would be heard next week Monday.
- Eastern Palm University also has a law backing it from the Imo State House of Assembly and this is verfiable.
Eastern Palm University is not a state institution and as such the word ‘Recovery’ cannot be used because when making reference because the University went through all due process.
The story about recovery is malicious and only but a figment of the information commissioners imagination.