…Attracts about 150 projects, facilitates over 100 jobs.
…Disburses about N100M empowerment grants in less than six years, etc.
Details have emerged as per the giant strides of Hon. Henry Ndochukwu Nwawuba, Member for Mbaitoli-Ikeduru in the Federal House of Representatives. The youthful Lawmaker popularly known as Mr Likeable, have silently but consistently, achieved a lot for his Constituents since 2015, when he was first elected as Federal Lawmaker.
His silent but monumental achievements, are scattered in all the nooks and crannies of Mbaitoli-Ikeduru, where he had succeeded not only in redefining Legislative representation, but actually made his people believe that good governance is possible, and achievable in a clime like Nigeria.
A peep into Hon. Henry Nwawubu’s encyclopedia of verifiable achievements, show a paradigm shift from lame excuses common among elected officials, to a calculated effort geared towards writing an infallable history of effective representation.
Verbatim News didn’t just take the litany of projects credited to Hon. Nwawuba hook, line and sinker but visted the locations, to ascertain they were actually true.
Aside the usual feed back mechanism adopted by Nwawuba, wherein he at regular intervals brief his Constituents on his programs, activities and challenges, the quintessential Lawmaker had actually facilitated no fewer than 100 jobs for MBAIKE graduates and non-graduates, in first grade federal establishments including the Armed Forces, Police and Para military formations.
The fiery legislator, known for his vocality against injustice and mal-administration, which was very manifest when he halted vide a popular motion on the floor of the House, a plan by the FG to borrow billions of dollars to finance projects in Nigeria, whilst excluding the Southeast, had also attracted about 150 infrastructural and social amenity projects to his Constituency, in less than six years he got into the lower chambers of the National Assembly.
Investigation shows that from Mbieri to Atta, Ugurike to Orodo, Ogwa to Amakohia, Uzoagba to Ogbaku and Ifakala to Amaimo, etc, uncountable number of projects abound, all credited to Hon. Nwawuba.
Some of the projects are Primary Health Care Centers, Roads, Solar-powered Street lights, modern/model market stalls, boreholes, Agro centers, town Halls, etc.
The Lawmaker who was recently adjudged as the best in the provision of electricity transformers, which earned him the name as “Oji Transformer eme ogo”, is currently into massive procurement and energizing of transformers in every community in MBAIKE, via the instrumentality of his strategic Committee on Niger Delta Affairs.
Thus far, Nwawuba has provided well over 50 transformers and still counting to Nde MBAIKE.
In the area of human capital development, the sagacious and result oriented legislator has leveraged on his contacts as a ranking Member of the National Assembly, to ensure that hundreds of his Constituents are captured, trained, equipped and empowered in various federal government programs in Agriculture, ICT, N-Power, Biotechnology, trade, artisanship, among others.
In youth and women empowerment, the Vice Chairman House Committee on Niger Delta Affairs and Chair Committee on Legislative Agenda, has left no one in doubt as per his capacity. In this regard, hundreds of women and youths from MBAIKE had got liquid cash running into tens of millions of Naira, as business startups and for business sustainability too. Majority of the cash beneficiaries, are doing marvelously well in their trades and endeavors.
Hundreds of Motorcycles, Hair dryers, barbing equipments, poultry/piggery and other agro venture accessories, are regularly provided by Nwawuba to equip his Constituents for greater tommorow.
Mbaitoli/Ikeduru under Nwawuba’s effective representation, have always witnessed award of bursaries, to teeming number of students studying in various higher institutions across Nigeria. Churches, NGOs, and faith-based organizations are regularly supported in their initiatives, aimed at uplifting the standard of living of their target groups within the constituency.
During the Coronavirus pandemic, Hon. Nwawuba fought like a wounded lion in attracting food items, medicals and non-food items for his MBAIKE Constituents, to the extent that his palliatives were distributed almost on daily basis.
Currently, hundreds of Mbaitoli/Ikeduru people are receiving beddings, clothings, food and non-food items to ameliorate poverty in the rural areas courtesy of Hon. Henry Nwawuba.
Some of the MBAIKE Constituents, who spoke to our reporters on the sideline of the project verifications, described Nwawuba as a Messiah that is fit to represent a people without a break.
They therefore advised all distracting him to refrain from that, so that he could achieve more for his people now, and in the years ahead.
Below are the silent but monumental achievements of Hon. Nwawuba:
(A) EMPLOYMENT/HUMAN CAPITAL DEVELOPMENT.
(1) Nwawuba secured Employment opportunities for two MBAIKE Youths at the Federal University of Technology Owerri, FUTO and the Federal Polytechnic Nekede, POLYNEKEDE.
(2) Nwawuba facilitated the recruitment of 15 MBAIKE Youths into the Nigeria Navy, 3 into the Airforce, 1 in the Civil Defense and 1 into the Nigeria Police.
(3) Nwawuba facilitated the Employment of 4 MBAIKE Youths as Npower monitors.
(4) Nwawuba facilitated the Employment of 1 MBAIKE Youth into the Federal Ministry of Environment.
(5) Nwawuba facilitated the Employment of 1 MBAIKE indigene, into the Nigeria Social Insurance Trust Fund, (NSITF).
(6) Nwawuba facilitated the Employment of two MBAIKE indigenes into the Federal Medical Centre FMC, and University of Calabar Teaching hospital, as Resident Doctors.
(7) Facilitated the Employment of 1 MBAIKE Youth into FRSC.
(1) Establishing and Award of Scholarship to selected MBAIKE undergraduates in various higher institutions in Nigeria.
(2) Facilitated the admission of MBAIKE Youths into various higher institutions across the country.
(3) Establishment and funding of Extra mural classes for Secondary School Students across MBAIKE.
(4) Procurement and distribution of books and other Teaching Materials to both Secondary and Primary Schools in MBAIKE.
(5) Procurement and distribution of Science kits to selected Secondary schools in MBAIKE.
(6) Training and donation of science equipments to Science Teachers from selected from 15 Secondary schools in MBAIKE.
(7) Sponsoring of inter-house sports competitions in both Primary and Secondary schools across MBAIKE.
(C) TRAINING/ EMPOWERMENT.
(1) Disbursement of #10,000,000 Business Start up capital to MBAIKE women.
(2) Training of 10 MBAIKE Youths in Agro business at Nigeria Research Institute, Umudike, Abia State.
(3) Training of 63 MBAIKE Youths as Community Environmental monitors.
(4) Procurement and distribution of 60 Sewing machines to MBAIKE Women.
(5) Procurement and distribution of 20 grinding machines to MBAIKE Women.
(6) Procurement and distribution of 10 Hair dressing machines to MBAIKE Women.
(7) Training and Empowerment of 20 MBAIKE Youths in Agro business at Oyo State Polytechnic, Ibadan.
(8) Training and Empowerment of 20 Ikeduru Youths on Agro business at Delta State Polytechnic, Asaba.
(9) Procurement and distribution of 40 Motorcycles to ease Transportation problem across MBAIKE.
(10) Training of MBAIKE women as advocates of Anti domestic violence campaigners.
(11) Training and Empowerment of 33 MBAIKE Youths in Poultry farm at G Towers hotel, Owerri.
(12) Training of 41 MBAIKE Youths in phone and Laptop repairs at Nwaorieubi.
(13) Training and Empowerment of selected MBAIKE Young Ladies in Pastry and Confectionaries.
(14) Training and Empowerment of MBAIKE Women in Soap and detergent making.
(15) Secured CBN/NIRSAL MFB Loan for 25 MBAIKE Entrepreneurs worth #15,000,000.
(16) Training and Empowerment of 20 MBAIKE Women in Fishery at Asaba, Delta State. (March, 2021)
(17) Procurement and distribution of 7nos Tricycle.
(D) AGRICULTURE/ HOUSEHOLD OUTREACH.
(1) Establishment of Youth Farm at Umueze Uzoagba, Ikeduru and Donation of 500 bags of Poultry Feeds, 2000 Fingerlings and operational fund.
(2) Procurement and distribution of over 2,500 bags of Fertilizer.
(3) Training of MBAIKE women as advocates of Anti domestic violence campaigners.
(4) Procurement and distribution of Food Palliatives, hand sanitizers, face shield during the COVID 19 shut down.
(5) Procurement and distribution of food and non food items to different families across MBAIKE.
(6) Procurement and distribution of 15nos Tractors to MBAIKE Farmers.
(7) Installation of modern battery cage in Engr. Ohiri’s Poultry farm at Odunmara Orodo.
(8) Donation of 20KVA Generator to Mbaitoli ginger growers association.
(9) Donation of cash and other farming incentives to selected farmers across MBAIKE.
(E) INFRASTRUCTURE/SOCIAL AMENITIES.
(1) Solar powered borehole at Nneise, Ugirike, Ikeduru LGA.
(2) Water – Shed/ Erosion control works at Aboh/Uzoagba/Avuvu road, Ikeduru.
(3) Construction of Classroom block at Inyishi Technical College, Ikeduru.
(4) Renovation of Classroom block at Uzoagba Central School, Ikeduru.
(5) Installation of Solar Powered Street Lights at various Locations in Atta 1, 2, Amatta n Avuvu Communities, Ikeduru LGA.
(6) Renovation of Classroom block at Comprehensive Secondary School, Ogbaku, Mbaitoli LGA.
(7) Ongoing Continuation of Construction work on Akabo/Amankuta/Orie Mbieri road, attracted by Rt. Hon. Bethel Amadi.
(8) Construction of Health center in Ugirike, Ikeduru.
(9) Construction of a Block of open Stalls at Orie Amakohia, Ikeduru.
(10) Procurement and Installation of 300KVA Owubinubi Amakohia Ikeduru.
(11) Installation of 500KVA Transformer at Obokwe Mbieri,
(12) Installation of 500KVA Transformer at Okwu Orodo,
(13) Installation of 500KVA Transformer at Amaukwu,
(14) Installation of 500KVA Transformer at AHABA,
(15) Installation of 500 KVA Transformer at Okwaragi OFEKATA,
(16) Installation of 500KVA Transformer at Odunmara,
(17) Installation of 500KVA Transformer at Eziome Mbieri,
(18) Installation of 500 KVA Transformer at Umuokparafor Umunoha.
(19) Energizing of Umuoziri Inyishi Transformer, Afor Lolo.
(20) Construction of Solar powered borehole and VIP toilet, beside old Post office, Afor otusi, Alaenyi Ogwa.
(21) Construction of Solar Powered borehole and VIP toilet at Orie Ogbaku, Mbaitoli LGA.
(22) Renovation of Ihitte Mbieri Health center.
(23) Renovation of Amaukwu Orodo Town Hall.
(24) Renovation of Classroom blocks at Community and Primary school, Amaukwu Orodo, respectively.
(25) Installation of Hand pump at Eziama Obiato/Ukwu Orji.
(26) Construction of oil mill and Cassava processing plant at Ekwereazu Ogwa.
(27) Rehabilitation of Okpuala Ogbaku water borehole.
(28) Renovation of the Exam Hall of Community Secondary School, Mbieri.
(29) Installation of Hand pump at Ahia ututu Ifakala.
(30) Restoration of Nsokpo Ogbaku Electricity.
(31) Ongoing construction of Nsokpo Ogbaku/Ifakala/Nwaorieubi road.
(32) Ongoing construction of Orie Ogbaku/Obibi/Agwa road.
(33) Installation of 40pcs Solar powered Street Lights at various Locations in Ogbaku.
(34) Installation of Solar Powered Street Lights at, Eziome, Umuduru Mbieri, Amaukwu Orodo, Ofekata n Nkwo Orodo, respectively.
(35) Construction of Borehole and Dispensary at Orie Mbieri.
(36) Construction of Classroom blocks at Community School, Ubaha Orodo.
(37) Ongoing construction of Oil Mill at Oboro Umuoparanyanwu, Ishi Ogwa.
(38) Ongoing construction of Amaukwu/Umueze OGWA/Ogbommii/Ekeoha road.
(39) Ongoing construction of Ekeoha/Eke Atta road.
(40) Renovation of a block of Four Classrooms at Central School Nkwo Orodo.
(41) Construction of Classroom block at Comprehensive Secondary School, Ofekata.
(42) Installation of 500KVA/33 at Comprehensive Secondary School Ofekata.
(43) Construction of Solar powered borehole at Okwu Ikeduru.
(44) Construction of Laboratory and Principal’s office at Ugirike Technical school.
(45) Construction of Health center at Umuanu Ogwa.
(46) Renovation of Okwu Orodo Town Hall.
(47) Procurement and Installation of 500KVA/33 Transformer at Umunyali Timber and Allied Industrial Market, Mbieri.
(48) Construction of Classroom block at Comprehensive Secondary School, Amaukwu.
(49) Ongoing construction of MBAIKE Civic center, Nwaorieubi.
(50) Donation of fund for the Energizing of Awo Mbieri Transformer at Nwaorieubi.
(51) Construction of Market Stalls at Ahia ututu Ifakala
(52) Construction of Market Stalls at Orie Amakohia Ikeduru
(53) Construction of Market Stalls at Eke Ihitte Mbieri.
(54)Construction of Market Stalls at Afor Otusi OGWA
(55) Construction of Market Stalls at Orie Ebom, Mbieri
(56) Construction of Lock up stores with borehole at Eke Atta, Ikeduru.
(57) Construction of Six Classroom block with toilet, Principal’s office and borehole at Owu Amakohia comprehensive Secondary school, Ikeduru.
(58) Construction of Abatoir with Cold room and borehole at Nkwo Orodo Market.
(59) Construction of Oil Mill at Umuokoji Amaukwu Orodo.
(60) Donation of 500 KVA Transformer to Umuoziri Inyishi, Ikeduru.
(61) Donation of 500 KVA Transformer to UMUEZE Amaimo, Ikeduru.
(62) Installation of 500KVA Transformer at Amatta, Ikeduru
(63) Installation of 500 KVA Transformer at Abazu Akabo, Ikeduru
(64) Installation of 500KVA Transformer at Amambaa, Ebikoro Uzoagba, Ikeduru.
(65) Installation of 500KVA Transformer at Umuezealaeze Ogwa, Mbaitoli.
(66) Installation of 500 KVA Transformer at Idume Ogwa, Mbaitoli LGA.
(67) Installation of 500KVA/33 Transformer at Amaegbu Okwu Ogbaku.
(68) Installation of 300KVA/33 Transformer and Extension of Aluminum conductor from Ogwa General hospital to Orie Abazu.
(69) Installation of 300KVA/33 Transformer, high Tension poles and extension of Aluminum conductor from Ogbommii to Umueze market square in Alaeze Ogwa, Autonomous Community.
(70) Installation of 300KVA/33 Transformer, Low Tension poles and extension of service line at Amaeke Iho, Ikeduru LGA.
(71) Installation of 300KVA/33 Transformer at Umuagha, Eziama Obiato, Mbaitoli LGA.
(72) Installation of 500KVA/11 Transformer at Okwu Ikeduru.
(100) Installation of 300KVA/33 Transformer at Egbeada, Mbaitoli LGA.
(1) Construction of Health Center in Ugirike, Ikeduru.
(2) Renovation of Ihitte Mbieri Health Center.
(3) Construction of Health Center at Umuanu, Ogwa, Mbaitoli LGA.
(4) Procurement and distribution of Hand sanitizers, Face shield, to protect Mbaikelites during the wave of COVID 19.
(5) Provision of Free medical treatment in Ogwa, Orodo, Ubomiri, Mbieri, Akabo, Amakohia Ikeduru LGA, etc.